Sunday, March 14, 2010

Friday 12th March

Heard on the news this morning that the new Chilean president was sworn in and there was an aftershock right then at 11 am that morning, the building had to be evacuated. It was a level 7.2... this was felt like a proper earthquake even up to Valparaiso.
They lost power in many places again.
Dennis and I are going away for the weekend, I'm not sure I'll be able to relax after this piece of news...

Email from my brother Ricardo today says:
"Tuvimos 4 replicas una tras otra, 3 fueron super fuertes, estamos aterrados, afortunadamente no me ha pasado nada todavia, pero esto ya parece el Apocalipsis.
Asi como estamos, todavia no hay calma, puede que despues no podamos comunicarnos quizas en cuanto tiempo
Un fuerte abrazo"

"We have just had 4 aftershocks one after the other, 3 really strong ones. We're terrified. Fortunately, I've been spared again, but this is feeling like the end of the world. As it is, there's no calm. It may be that we'll loose communication again, who knows for how long...

No comments:

Post a Comment